MEMBER (AM) IN THE GENERAL DIVISION OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA
Dr Ralph Harold HULTGREN, Newmarket Qld 4051
For significant service to the arts, particularly music education, as an academic, composer and publisher, and to professional organisations.
- Queensland Conservatorium of Music, Griffith University: Head, Open Conservatorium, 2001-2013.
- Conductor, Conservatorium Wind Orchestra.
- Lecturer, Music and Music Education.
- Assistant Chaplain, Student Services, current.
- Queensland University of Technology: Conductor, QUT Wind Orchestra.
- Lecturer, Music and Music Education, 1991-2000.
- Australian Band and Orchestra Directors Association (ABODA): Founding Member, 1985 and Founder, Queensland State Branch, 1990.
Has held a range of positions including as National President and State President. Life Member, since 2000.
- Composer-in-Residence, Instrumental Music Program, Queensland Department of Education, 1979 – 1990.
- Patron, Maryborough Music Conference, 2009.
- Editor, Brolga Music Publishing, current.
Has composed over 250 works including: Concertino for Wind Orchestra, 2011. White Noise, 2011.
- Festal Intrada, 2010.
- Jessie’s Well, 2005.
- And Enoch Walked With God, 2005. Many Paths (Millen Kulgun), 2003. Immortal! Invisible!, 2001.
- Concert Prelude, 2001.
- Beyond The Frontier, 1998.
- Grand March-The Australian Land, 1997. Celebration of Life, 1995.
- Symphony for Wind Orchestra, 1994. The Hornet’s Nest, 1992.
Awards and recognition include:
- Recipient, Educator of the Year, Midwest Clinic International Award, Chicago, USA, 2005.
- Recipient, Yamaha Composer of the Year, ‘on two occasions’.
- Recipient, Citation of Excellence, Australian Band and Orchestra Directors Association, 2000.